Dating

Thursday, July 05, 2012

What IS funny?


Today I was going to write about all the funny lines that pop into my head, but then I realized that I am not a very funny person.  Not that I don’t have a sense of humour, I have a wicked sense of humour, but my attempts to be funny are usually met with laughs of another kind… but I don’t care so much because I accomplished my goal, which was to make the person laugh.  I will share the things that have come to me recently that have made me laugh (I’m my own best audience).

I have attempted to get my son to start using a very corny pick-up line… I know, I’m a great father… the line is: Girl, you should be on my windshield, cause you got fine all over you.  Very very corny, but coming from a 4 year old, it would be hilarious.  I also thought of a “candid camera” type of practical joke to play on people. Someone would be on the sidewalk handing out flyers for a store promotion where you get a free gift with purchase, so the person would be yelling out, “Free gift with purchase”.  However, he would occasional say, “Free tits with purchase” or “Free licks with purchase”.  He would say it fast enough to still kind of sound like “gift”, but clear enough to make people turn their heads and wonder if they heard what they thought they just heard.  These are the messed up things that come to me.

I was just killing myself laughing today at the One On One segment on the MTV Live show that airs on MTV Canada.  It’s the poor Canadian man’s version of Between Two Ferns with Zack Galafinakis (I wonder if I spelled that right).  I think it’s hilarious.  That’s my type of humour.  Someone in the office today told a story of a guy he worked with that would always be cracking up laughing at some show, which he watched on one screen while working on the other.  That show was Family Matters.  To each their own, I guess.  I hope you found some humour in my entry today, even if it was a “what a sad, pathetic, little man” laugh.

No comments: