Dating

Friday, July 20, 2012

Moneymoneymoney moneyyy


It’s funny how people react when they see money in public places other than stores and banks.  I mean bills, not change, and a few of them, not a single fiver.  The other day I experienced someone on the subway give what looked like $60 to her friend (for whatever reason).  There were two young women sitting close to them and one of the young women stared so intently at the money that she almost looked like she was trying to will it into her pocket.  I even thought I saw her mouth something like, “I could so easily take that”.  She didn’t appear poverty-striken at all, but she sure seemed to really want that money.  I want money as much as the next person.  I’m very financially challenged and struggling from paycheque to paycheque.  I’ve thought up schemes and heists in my head a lot… hahahaha… let me just interject here to say that as I am writing this, the man sitting next to me on the train just pulled out a wad of bills (20s and 50s), and quickly counted and sorted them.  I have to admit that my eyes lit up a bit, but I mainly tried not to laugh at the whole irony of the situation.  Hmm, I wonder if he was counting them to make sure I hadn’t taken any while he had gone to the bathroom.  I had no idea he had the money in his bag when he left, so I wouldn’t have done anything.  Now that I know he has it in his bag, he better not go to the bathroom again while I’m sitting here.  Just kidding… or am I?  As I said, it’s funny how people react when they see money in public places other than stores and banks.

P.S. Can anyone loan me a fiver?

No comments: