Sorry for the short absence… haha, I say that as if I actually
have people following this blog.
Nonetheless, I am back with another movie review. This time I’m reviewing The Avengers. Yes, everyone and their mother has reviewed
this movie in some form or another, but have they reviewed it on a train going
backwards with the smell of pizza saturating their nose hairs?
Anyhoo… I have seen Avengers twice now; once in 3D and once
in 2D. The 3D version was nothing
special, which very few scenes popping out from the screen. The glasses gave me quite the headache this
time as well, probably in part due to the lack of water in my body, but it
accentuated the aching head... and I hate drinking anything during a movie
because I have a weak bladder. The one
thing I did notice in the 2D version that I didn’t in the 3D version was the
slight obviousness of the computer graphics in some scenes. I’m not sure if it was the 3D effects that
distracted me from that, or the movie’s awesomeness that distracted me the
first time. It wasn’t the aliens or Hulk
or anything that was always rendered with CG that I noticed, it was when they
replaced the actors with CG… like in the action scenes. They still can’t get humans right, can
they? I’m not saying it’s a bad
thing. It’s a very good thing, in
fact. The time they can render a human
in CG without anyone able to tell, will be the beginning of the end for movie
stars. Anyway, back to the movie… did I
mention it was awesome! Seriously, I got
everything I expected from that movie.
It was the ultimate superhero/blockbuster/popcorn movie. In my opinion, there was very little wrong
with it. Some might say the plot was
lacking, or the story was weak. To those
people I say… go see a fucking Oscar bait movie, ya idiot! This movie was all about seeing these
superheroes kick the crap out of each other then kick the crap out of some
bad-ass alien bad guys. The theme of
this movie can be summed up in two words: Hulk smash! And boy did he! Finally they get a Hulk right, on screen. Hulk is not some mindless rage monster; he
does happen to have a very smart guy inside him. He’s impulsive, passionate, and angry… very
very angry… but he is not dumb. He even
showed some compassion in the movie. I’m
so glad Ruffalo signed on for 6 more movies… that means 6 more times I get to
see Hulk… well, smash. My overall grade is
a well-earned A for Avengers! (haha… couldn’t resist.)
No comments:
Post a Comment