Hello again to all my dedicated readers…. Mahahahahahaha… I
crack myself up sometimes. Well, if
there is someone who actually comes back to read my updates, then thank you sir
or madam. I do apologize for my absence;
I was in jolly ole England visiting my family.
In that visit I reconnected with a long lost love of mine… the board
game Movie Maker. For those of you not “in
the know”, it is a Parker Brothers game from the 80s (or is it 70s) where the
objective is to make… (surprise) movies!
If you want to know more, then look it up… that IS what the Internet is
for, ya know. A few nights of drinking
and playing the game with my brother were had, and lots of fun and memories
were dug up. This reconnection has
sparked an interest in updating the game.
The old formula needs to make way for new types of movies and
stars. The old game requires a story
(Epic, Historical, Western, Musical, Comedy, or Horror), a director, a male
star, and female star, and locations (varies based on story). Well this formula needs to add Indies and
Action movies and Buddy Comedies and Animated movies and… and… well that’s all
I can think of right now. It should also
scrap the whole male star and female star formula. I think that there should be a range between
2 and 4 stars of varying gender, depending on the type of movie. Maybe even make Indies be able to have only
one star. I think the stars named should
also better spoof real actor’s names.
Movies should also have a certain amount of weeks that it runs, and make
the box office amount randomize per week.
For example: an action movie’s maximum run would be 6 weeks. The first week the player roles 6 dice to
determine the box office take in millions.
The next week the player roles 5 dice.
Oh wait! I just thought of a great idea… every type of story has a base
amount of weeks… action has 3, comedy has 2, indie has 1, etc., and every star
has an amount of weeks attached to them, ranging from zero to 2. Ok, this game
may sound like it’s getting complicated, but people like in-depth games with
lots of variables these days. I need to
get this game made soon. I wonder if I make
it whether I would infringe on any copyrights from the original game. I wouldn’t think so, because people make similar
games all the time. Look at Trouble and
Sorry… practically identical… although they be made by the same company. Well these are things I can work out later.
Oh, by the way, I’ve just copyrighted my idea, so no stealing it my lone
reader! Now I just need to figure out
the board. I wonder if I should keep the
locations within the formula…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment