Dating

Monday, June 14, 2004

Is there a time for death to take us?

6 lives gone, 3 to go. Although, some may not have been considered lost lives.

Let's begin by re-capping: First, I was about 4 years old and was at my parents' friend's house. The adults were have a dinner party inside. Outside, they have a big pool and I was playing around it. My ball fell into the deep end of the pool and I used the net to try to fish it out. Well, I slipped and fell... no idea how to swim. I don't know how long I struggled to keep my head above water, but I know I wasn't doing a good job. I was finally pulled out by one of the friend's kids. After that, I was hit by a car twice, I was lying in the back seat of my mum's car when there was a speeding car driving head on in the wrong lane on a very narrow bridge, I was 2 minutes away from taking my own life, and now finally what happened today. I was biking home from work. It was very windy, blowing all kinds of shit in my face. My gears were screwing up and I noticed some ribbon had got stuck. I stopped to pull it out. Seconds later.... CRACK! A tree behind me fell onto the road, taking a powerline down with it. It was just 20 feet away from where I stopped. I looked at it for a second and said, "Wow!" Then I thought, "Shit, I was 30 seconds away from that falling on me." If the elevator at work was 30 seconds slower... if I had to fiddle an extra 30 seconds with my bike lock... if I had stopped under that tree to fix my gears.

Near death experiences? Maybe. Close calls? Definitely! It is quite funny how this happened today though. Yesterday I was thinking about whether we all have a time when Death takes us, or if we need to accomplish something before it comes. I guess this may add to my thoughts of how I am supposed to accomplish something, and maybe this was a warning to me. "Hurry up with your destiny!" Death is screaming to me. Well, you only have to tell me once... maybe twice to remind me, cause my short-term memory is not great anymore. So here I am, writing, getting my juices flowing. Maybe Death was saying, "Here's something for you to write about!" Earlier in the day I was feeling quite unmotivated. Well Death, here you go... I'm writing.

No comments: