Dating

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Welcome Jacob Xavier!!!

Ok, so I haven't posted to this blog for a while. I should really make use of this blog space more often because it is a good place to just air out my thoughts and feelings.

Anyway, on to the big news... I'm a dad!!! My wife gave birth to our new son, Jacob Xavier, on Feb 28th, 2008. I couldn't be happier. Every time I think of that day, I start to tear up. I have a son! I kept repeating to myself, "I'd like you to met my son." "This is my son." "Have you met my son?" It's crazy! I'm a fucking father. God, I hope I don't screw this up. I hope I have the same relationship with my son as my dad had with me. I guess I probably will, since parenting skills are passed down through the generations... but you never can tell how a kid is going to be. It's the old debate of nurture vs. nature. Sure I can try to raise my kid right, but what if there are things in his nature that are destructive? Well, I should stress too much until the time comes, right. I'm just so thrilled to have a kid. The things I'm going to show him, the experiences we're going to have... I can't wait to see him grow up to be the man he's going to be. But I shouldn't hope for that to happen to quickly, cause it will.

Welcome Jacob... I hope one day you'll be able to read all these random thoughts I've had and learn a bit about your father in the process. I'm fucked-up, I know... but you'll learn that in time anyway. ;)

No comments: